Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hosting coaches


Well, for the last week we were hosting coaches for British Soccer. We were only supposed to have one but they offered us two so I said sure. I am glad I did. We all really liked them both. It was a little sad that Duane was away most of the week and only was here for two dinners while they were here.
Besides coaching the little ones at soccer camp, they spent time playing with the kids in the back yard and doing crafts with them. We all sat at the dining room table doing perler beads and every time Dawn would finish one she would say Mommy I've finished one. Then I would iron it for her to keep or give away, whichever. Duane looked at the photo and said that Dawn looked like she could be one of ours. She fits right in. I think that after the kids have growing spurts Frankie will match with them because they will be tall like her. I t
hink it is impossible for Frankie to take a bad photo. The camera loves her.
Both of them were wonderful and the kids all miss them, and me too. They were unfailingly polite and sweet and always full of smiles and fun. We told them that they are always welcome here. And the kids got their addresses so they can write to them in England. All in all it was a very positive experience. And I would even consider doing it next year.
Tomorrow I am heading up to Donna's (Nana's) with the kids so they can spend some time with them this summer. It will be a little lonesome here without them. Maybe I will get some cleaning done.
The garden is coming along very well and we should be eating zucchini later this week. Yummy. I find the garden both relaxing and exciting. It is always neat seeing what is coming up. Anyway, back to getting everything ready for the road trip tomorrow. I have already gotten Devins hair cut.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment